Relief for the whole family when you need it most
Taking care of a child or adult with autism or I/DD is a huge responsibility. Our Respite Services are designed to provide families with trusted care for their loved one when they need a break.
Things that you can do with Respite:
- Attend events such as holiday parties or weddings
- Schedule personal appointments
- Take time for hobbies or relaxation
|Types of Respite||About|
|Companion Care for Adults|
|After School (1 on 1 available for additional fee)|
Why is Respite Important for Families?
As a parent and caregiver of a child or adult with autism, intellectual or developmental disability, you are often required to give intensive care and supervision 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. There are many things that can be impacted by this level of dedication:
- Ability to accept a job or promotion
- Attending other children’s sporting events or other activities
- Spending quality time with your spouse or support system
- Ability to run errands or attend doctor’s appointments
Without the greatly deserved relief of respite, caregiving can affect your ability to maintain your own health and well-being, and impact relationships in your personal and professional life.
Qualified Care For Your Loved One
Bancroft is made up of individuals who are not only passionate about helping others, but trained and experienced in caring for individuals with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, from ages 3 through adulthood.
Just like our residential and day programs, we ensure that our time with your loved one during respite is both engaging and educational.