Meaningful Employment Enriches the Lives of People with Brain Injuries and Neurological Conditions
Recovery is a personal journey.
The Bancroft NeuroRehab Employment team helps you return to work. Bancroft NeuroRehab offers a full continuum to help people with brain injuries or other neurological conditions master the compensatory strategies needed to secure meaningful employment.
Our aim is to help people with neurological deficits from injury or illness to maximize their functional abilities to become as independent as possible. Our Employment Services model ensures each person is adequately trained and supported toward the goal of transitioning back into the workforce. With time, attention and refinement of skills, our clients progress to competitive employment with minimal to no support.
- Pre-Vocational Cognitive Evaluations (PVE) identify physical, emotional, behavioral, cognitive and vocation assets or barriers to employment.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy helps clients develop the skills and compensatory strategies needed to return to work.
- Pre-Placement Coaching helps clients match their skills to a job in the community and prepare for re-entering the workforce.
- Job Coaching ensures success on the job by helping clients learn tasks specific to their new job, orient to the work environment, and develop compensatory strategies or accommodations
- Long Term Follow Along (LTFA) provides regular “check ins” to ensure that the client continues to enjoy success: Restabilization helps clients adapt to changes in job tasks or management and provide additional support. Replacement helps clients identify and secure a new job, if necessary.
Eligibility for funding for Employment Services is determined by the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS).
Once eligibility has been determined, you or the individual seeking service may choose Bancroft NeuroRehab as the program of choice. While most of those enrolled in Bancroft NeuroRehab programs receive state funding for all or some of the services provided, others augment services by paying for them directly.