Dear Bancroft Families and Guardians,
Thank you for your support as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. These are challenging unprecedented times, for sure.
Our aim as we implement safety protocols specific to this situation is to ensure your loved one continues to receive excellent care by our dedicated staff. As such, we are taking equal care of our staff as they navigate through this with positivity and compassion.
We are sensitive to the potential for changes in behavior and mood in those we serve as schedules are disrupted and community outings and in-person family visitation to group homes are temporarily suspended.
The “no visitation” and “shelter in place” policies will be in place until Bancroft – with guidance from the CDC, State Departments of Health and medical professionals – determine it is safe to revert to normal operation. We will evaluate the situation on a regular basis, so please look out for emails, or check our website, bancroft.org/coronavirus.
In the meantime, we encourage you to check in with your loved one regularly by phone/video conferencing. We are sensitive to the needs of the children and adults we serve, and may ask for more frequent calls, video chats. If you haven’t done so already, work with your loved one’s program manager to schedule time for this important connection. Here’s a helpful guide for Google Hangouts.
In response to families who have asked about home visitation – should you decide to take your loved one home with you for the duration the virus protocols are in place, he or she will not be able to return to the program until it is deemed safe to do so.
The following are initiatives we have instituted in the last week:
- New Jersey Adult Day and Employment Programs are closed at the direction of the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities
- The Bancroft School and Early Education Program are closed at the direction of the New Jersey Department of Education
- Visitation restrictions are in effect across all programs
- Temperature checks of individuals we serve are being done daily
- Increased cleaning and sanitization is taking place in group homes and facilities
- Transportation vehicles are being cleaned and detailed