Has a DSP made a difference in your life?
Here are 5 ways to show your appreciation!
- Send a note to say thanks. Whether it’s a hand-written card, an email, a letter, a picture — hearing directly from the families whose loved one they support means so much.
- Give a shout-out on social media! Send us an email at email@example.com, and tell us what the DSP/DSPs in your life have meant to you, your family, or your loved one for us to share across our social media channels to tell the world how incredible direct support professionals truly are.
- Write to lawmakers. The number one issue facing the DSP workforce across the United States is low pay for the incredible work they do. The COVID pandemic and the labor crisis that has followed has only exacerbated these challenges. As a country, we can — and must — do better for our caregivers
- Everyone loves food! You can send in the team’s favorite treats, coffee, pizza, meals, or schedule a night to bring some goodies or stop by to cook dinner! Staff can’t accept individual gifts — but sending tokens of appreciation to the entire team is more than fine, and greatly appreciated by our DSPs!
- Make a donation to Bancroft in honor of a DSP or DSPs. Your generous gifts will allow us to tangibly honor Bancroft staff throughout the year and continue to show them how valued they are. To learn more, visit bancroft.org/thankDSPs.